Member recipe by beanie25
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Cakes
- 200g Self raising flour
- 75g Margarine
- 75g Caster sugar
- 50g Chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tbsp water
- Set oven to 210 C / gas mark 7. Grease a baking tray
- Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl
- Cut the margarine into cubes and then rub into the flour using your fingertips. The mixture should then resemble breadcrumbs
- Add the sugar and chocolate chips into the mixture. Mix using a wooden spoon
- Break egg into a small bowl and beat with a fork. Add egg to mixing bowl and mix. Add 1 - 2 tbsp of water if the mixture does not stick together. The mixture must be firm enough to stand alone on the baking tray in lumps.
- Place heaps of the mixture on the tray. Make sure that they are all an even size. Bake them for approximately 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…