Member recipe by vhoracek
This lovely summer cake blends the subtle sourness of wild blueberries with sweet and creamy curd cheese filling.
- For the pastry
- 125 g softened butter
- 125 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 180 g all-purpose flour
- 1 sachet (7 g) fast-action yeast
- For the filling
- 500 g soft curd cheese
- 1 egg
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 250 g blueberries
- For the crumble
- 60 g butter
- 60 g sugar
- 60 g flour
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160 C/gas 4. Whisk the softened butter with sugar and eggs until it forms a pale-golden cream. Sift flour and yeast together, then gradually incorporate into the cream. The pastry should be soft and slightly runny. Set aside.
- Whisk together the soft curd cheese, egg, caster sugar and lemon zest. Pour the pastry into a 24cm non-stick form. Spread evenly with a little more around the edge. Pour the filling over, give it a shake to make it level and scatter a layer of blueberries over it. Slightly push them into the filling.
- For the crumble, dice the butter, add flour and sugar and use your fingers to break it down into loose crumbs. Sprinkle all over the cake.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. The crumble should be golden and crisp. Leave to cool, then cut into wedges, dust with caster sugar and serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…