Broccoli and cashew soup
Member recipe by annelisarkanen
- 150g cashews
- 1.25 litre stock
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp salt
- Put the cashews and 250ml of the stock in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion and garlic, until soft. Add the potatoes and the remaining stock. Cover and simmer for 5 mins, or until potato tender.
- Stir in broccoli and basil and simmer for 10 mins.
- Stir in the cashew mixture, salt and pepper and bring to simmer before removing from the heat.
- Blend and serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…