Points to remember:
- Melt 150g dark chocolate (either in a bowl over a pan of simmering water or in a microwave, stirring after every 30 secs). Once melted leave to cool for around 5 mins.
- Inflate 2 balloons and sit them knot-side down in a mug or glass tumbler.
- Coat in spray oil then dip the tops into the melted chocolate.
- Return to the mug or glass and chill for at least 1 hr or overnight.
- Once set firm, pop the balloon and carefully remove it. This will leave you with a chocolate dome you can use to cover your favourite desserts.
We put ours over a chocolate brownie topped with a scoop of ice cream and a scattering of pecans. For extra wow-factor pour over warm caramel or chocolate sauce to melt the dome and reveal the dessert underneath. We used the salted caramel sauce from this recipe and warmed it gently in the microwave before serving.
Looking for more showstopping chocolate sweets? Check out our dessert collections…