Next level mulled wine brownies
Try our app for ad-free recipe inspiration – download now
Give chocolate brownies a festive twist by adding spices and mulled wine for an indulgent Christmas treat. Serve warm with crème fraîche, or ice cream
How to make mulled wine brownies:
- Line a 20cm x 20cm brownie tin with baking parchment
- Mix 150g butter and 200g light brown sugar in a bowl
- Add 1 egg and 1 yolk and continue mixing
- Pour in 100g melted dark chocolate and 100ml red wine, then sift in 100g plain flour and 50g cocoa powder
- Add the spices: a pinch each of nutmeg and ground cloves, ¼ tsp each of cinnamon and ginger and a pinch of salt
- Mix well, pour into the brownie tin and spread the top to even it out
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 mins at 180C/160C fan/gas 4
- Serve with crème fraîche
For a spectacular dinner party dessert use this bake in our mulled wine brownie surprise.
Find more indulgent chocolate brownie recipes...
Brownie recipe collection
Easy brownie recipe collection
Next level chocolate brownies video
Best ever chocolate brownies recipe
Have you tried these mulled wine brownies? Leave a comment below...
Comments, questions and tips