How to make cupcakes
Learn how to make these easy vanilla cupcakes with buttercream icing. They're fun, colourful, delicious and super simple – great for baking with kids.
To make the cupcakes:
- Beat together 110g softened butter and 110g golden caster sugar. Whisk in 2 large eggs, one at a time.
- Add 110g self-raising flour, ½ tsp vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Mix until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into cupcake cases.
- Bake at 180C/fan 160C/gas 4 for 15 mins.
To make the buttercream:
- Whisk 150g softened butter, 300g icing sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract until smooth. Beat in 3 tbsp milk.
- If you're using food colouring, add it now.
- Spoon or pipe onto the cooled cupcakes.
See the full recipe for these easy cupcakes.
Looking for more simple baking recipes? Check these out next:
What's your favourite easy bake? Let us know in the comments below...