Easiest ever hidden veg dinners
Magazine subscription – Try your first 5 issues for only £5
Follow our easy video guide to packing hidden veg into kids' meals, with three tasty recipes for beef burgers, sweet potato hummus and pesto pasta sauce.
Tips for how to hide extra vegetables in your family's favourite dinners:
- Roughly chop ½ onion, ½ apple, 1 courgette and 1 carrot and put into a food processor.
- Whizz up until finely chopped then add 500g beef mince and 1 egg.
- Season then pulse again just to mix.
- Shape into burgers then fry or bake.
- Tip a drained 400g can chickpeas into a food processor.
- Scoop in the cooled flesh of 2 baked sweet potatoes (cooked at 200C/180C fan/gas 6 for 1hr).
- Add 2 small garlic cloves, juice of ½ lemon, 50ml olive oil, season, then blitz until smooth.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and garnish with a pinch of smoked paprika.
- Microwave 100g kale for 1 minute.
- Blitz the kale in a high-speed blender or food processor with 25g fresh basil, 1 clove garlic, 50g parmesan, 50g pine nuts, 100ml olive oil, juice of ½ lemon and season.
- Once smooth, mix with cooked pasta and serve.
Satisfy little eaters with more hidden veg recipes...