Tips for how to hide extra vegetables in your family’s favourite dinners:
- Roughly chop ½ onion, ½ apple, 1 courgette and 1 carrot and put into a food processor.
- Whizz up until finely chopped then add 500g beef mince and 1 egg.
- Season then pulse again just to mix.
- Shape into burgers then fry or bake.
- Tip a drained 400g can chickpeas into a food processor.
- Scoop in the cooled flesh of 2 baked sweet potatoes (cooked at 200C/180C fan/gas 6 for 1hr).
- Add 2 small garlic cloves, juice of ½ lemon, 50ml olive oil, season, then blitz until smooth.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and garnish with a pinch of smoked paprika.
- Microwave 100g kale for 1 minute.
- Blitz the kale in a high-speed blender or food processor with 25g fresh basil, 1 clove garlic, 50g parmesan, 50g pine nuts, 100ml olive oil, juice of ½ lemon and season.
- Once smooth, mix with cooked pasta and serve.
Satisfy little eaters with more hidden veg recipes…