Creamy parsnip and apple soup
Member recipe by zoe111
A great way to use apples in a soup and is really comforting you will love it it's amazing trust me.
- 25g Butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 450g parsnips, chopped
- 250g dessert apples
- (Bramley?), peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1.2L vegetable stock
- 70ml single cream
- Melt the butter in a large pan,then add the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes untill softened.Add apples and parsnip for a further 3-4 minutes.Add coriander and stir for 30 secondes.
- pour in the stock, season well and bring to the boil. Redues heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, wait for it to cool then blend it in the food processor untill almost smooth (so as to keep a little texture).
- Reture soup to the pan, stir in the cream and reheat gently, but don't boil.
- serve straight away with a crusty loaf. Mmmmmm...beautiful I hope you enjoy this dish.