Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
very easy Cornish pasty
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Makes Pasties
An easy pasty that will taste just great, ideal made in advance for lunches.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 springs of thyme
- 250g beef mince
- 1 medium size potato, diced (about 7x7x7mm)
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 500 ml beef stock
- salt, pepper
- chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 500 g Ready roll short crust pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- STEP 2Soften the onion for about 5 mins, then add garlic and thyme and fry for another 2 mins on high temperature. Add the mince and fry for about 10 mins until browned, add potato and carrot fry for a couple of minutes then add flour, stir well and pour the beef stock over, add a pinch of salt and a generous pinch of freshly ground black pepper and stir some more. Reduce the heat, partly cover and leave to simmer for 30 mins, stir occasionally.
- STEP 3When the filling is cooked, taste and add more salt and pepper if needed (make sure you add plenty of pepper )
- STEP 4Then leave it to cool.
- STEP 5Preheat the oven to 180C, line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- STEP 6Roll out the pastry and cut into 3-4 circles of about 25cm diameter.
- STEP 7Separate the filling in 3-4 portions and place each portion slightly to one side of each pastry circle, top it with few frozen peas. Apply egg around the edge, then fold it in a half and seal it. Place the pastries on the baking try and glaze them with egg.
- STEP 8Bake them in the oven for about 30 mins.
- STEP 9Cool them and enjoy warm or cold.