Healthy(ish) Vegetarian Quiche
- Preparation and cooking time
- Sit for 5 minutes once you take it out of the oven
- Serves 6
Tasty, yet easy to make vegetarian quiche packed full of flavour but without the cream or dairy milk.
- 1x Bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1x Broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1x Brown onion, diced
- 250g Cherry tomatos, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Handful fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 75g Fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 200g Unsweetened almond milk
- 12x Eggs
- 1x Handful grated cheese (Optional)
- 4-5x Tortilla wraps for the base
- Baking tray, roughly 60cm x 40 cm
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius (I use fan bake).
- STEP 2Line the baking tray with your tortilla wraps, ensuring that the tray base and walls are covered. Place in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the base begins to be firm in shape.
- STEP 3In a bowl, whisk the 12 eggs until well beaten. Then add in the almond milk and cheese (if you are using it). Make sure that it is well mixed.
- STEP 4Mix in the chopped vegetables and herbs to the bowl with the beaten eggs. Ensure that everything is well mixed then pour into the oven tray with the base. Add some sliced bell peppers to the top as decoration and a sprinkle of cheese (if you are using it).
- STEP 5Place into the oven for 65-70 minutes, until the top looks crisp and the inside is nice and firm. Take out of the oven and sit for another 5 minutes before serving.