Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Sweet Potato & Red Pepper Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
A great winter warmer. Makes a good starter, also good for a hearty packed lunch.
- Olive oil
- 500g sweet potato
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 2 tsps cumin
- 500g vegetable stock
- Salt and and cracked black pepper, pinch
- STEP 1Peel and slice the sweet potatoes into discs about a half centimetre thick.
- STEP 2Put the sweet potoatoes, onions, red pepper and cumin into an oven proof bowl and pour over the olive oil.
- STEP 3Roast in the oven at 200C for about 45 minutes until all the ingredients are soft.
- STEP 4Put the cooked vegetables into a blender and add the hot vegetable stock. Blend to a liquid and serve. Add more vegetable stock if you require a thinner consistency.