Key Lime Pie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 1 hour to set
- Serves 6
- 375g/12oz plain or sweetmeal digestive biscuits, crushed
- 150g/5oz unsalted butter
- grated zest and juice of 8 large limes
- 570ml/1 pint double cream
- 1 x 397g/14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- crystalized lime zest
- STEP 11. Melt the butter in a small pan and stir in the crushed biscuits. Lightly press into the base of a 23cm/9in deep loosed-bottomed fluted flan tin. Chill whilst preparing the filling.
- STEP 22. To prepare the filling: place the lime juice into a large bowl, add the cream and condensed milk. Whisk for 1-2 minutes. Add the lime zest and lightly stir. Pour into the prepared biscuit base. Place onto a tray and chill for 1-2 hours.
- STEP 33. Decorate with crystalized lime zest and serve.