Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Carrot Top and Lemon Pesto
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 300g Jar
A great way to use up carrot tops for a quick and easy pesto sauce. Add to pasta for a quick meal which will be on the table in 12 minutes
- 50g pinenuts
- 2 handfuls of basil
- 2 handfuls of carrot tops
- 1 tbsp capers
- 75ml good quality olive oil
- 50g grated parmasan cheese
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- juice of a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- STEP 1Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan until slightly golden. Shaking the pan as you go
- STEP 2Add the pine nuts and remaining ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- STEP 3Season to taste with salt and pepper and add extra lemon , parmesan or oil until you are happy with the flavours and texture
- STEP 4Can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days.