Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Stuffed Chicken with bacon
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
Chicken breast stuffed with either pesto (or grated cheese) wrapped in bacon
- 2 boneless, skinless Chicken breasts
- 4 tsp Pesto (any flavour of your choice, or grated cheese)
- 2 rashes of bacon
- 2 cocktail sticks (to hold the bacon and chicken together when cooking)
- STEP 1With a sharp knife cut a slit about 4-5cm across the chicken, but dont cut all the way through the chicken, only go half way down. Do this in both chicken pieces.
- STEP 2Take 2 tsp of the pesto and open the slit and spoon it in. Use 2 tsp in each chicken breast. If using cheese do exactly the same but carefully stuffing the chicken with the cheese.
- STEP 3Then take one of the rashes of bacon and wrap it around the chicken, where the incision is, making sure the ends of the bacon end up underneath the chicken.
- STEP 4Using a cocktail stick pierce through the bacon and chicken to hold it all togther. (the filling may ooze out a little bit depending on how much you've stuffed the chicken with) Do this with the other chicken breast.
- STEP 5Then put on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 20 minutes on 180-200 degrees (fan oven/electric)
- STEP 6Take out and serve with any veg, mash potato or spicy cabbage.