Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
A traditional Italian pizza with a perfect shape, a perfect crust and a topping full of Italian flavours! This pizza is going to be eaten immediately.
- 200g strong plain flour
- pinch salt
- 125ml warm water
- 25g sunflower margarine
- 1/2 sachet dried yeast
- 1tsp dried mixed herbs
- 100g tomato purée
- 150g cheddar
- 100g mozzarella
- 8-10 olives (optional [not dried])
- 1/2 red pepper (optional)
- Additional toppings (to your preferences)
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- STEP 2Grease Pizza tray.
- STEP 3Grate cheese and slice mozzarella.
- STEP 4Place flour and salt into bowl and lightly mix.
- STEP 5Add margarine and rub into flour with fingertips.
- STEP 6Add 1/2 sachet of dried yeast.
- STEP 7Mix into dough and then add warm water, a little at a time.
- STEP 8Place dough on floured workspace and kneed for 5-7 mins (or until dough feels stretchy and springy).
- STEP 9Roll out and place over the Pizza tray, fold over any excess dough and create a slightly risen area around the edge of the dough (for the crust).
- STEP 10Spread on tomato purée and add the cheeses as well as the additional vegetables.
- STEP 11Cover in lightly oiled cling film and leave to rise (in a warm place) for 7-9 mins.
- STEP 12After risen, place in the oven for 15-20 mins until browned on the crust.
- STEP 13Place on pizza dish and serve immediately!