Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
original kendal mint cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- setting for 50 minutes
- Serves 10
its nice and easy to make
- 500g of granauled sugar
- 150ml of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint essence or oil
- STEP 1place your sugar and milk and bring to a slow boil until the evaporation leaves behind a thick mixture don't forget to keep stirring!!!!!!!
- STEP 2get a bowl of cold water and place a bit of the mixture into it and see if it can be rolled into a ball between you thumb and finger to test if it is ready
- STEP 3then if ready add 1/2 teaspoon of the peppermint essence the mixture
- STEP 4then butter a cake tin and pour the mixture into the plate and place in fridge til it is set
- STEP 5once set slice the cake into small bars