Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chicken, Chorizo & Chickpea Stew
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Easy hearty stew full of flavour, perfect for an autumnal / winters evening. Made with simple/reusable ingredients that many would have in their own home. This is a simplified alternative on a meal I had in Cornwall combined with aspects of a recipe by Simon Rimmer.
- Olive Oil
- 2 Chicken Breast (medium) - cubed
- 1 onion, sliced fine
- 3 garlic clove, Minced
- 2 carrots, chopped fine
- ½ tea spoon, chilli flakes
- 150g~ chorizo, slice length ways then chopped
- 250g sieved Passata
- 400~ml vegetable stock
- 1 x 400gcan chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ Teaspoon of dried coriander
- crusty bread, to serve
- STEP 1Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add the chicken and fry until lightly browned all over. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- STEP 2Add a little more oil to the pan, then add the onion, garlic, carrots, chilli and cook until onions are soft
- STEP 3In another pan fry the chorizo on a low-medium heat, until just cooked through
- STEP 4Add the Passata to the pan with the vegetables and bring to a light bubble. Add the stock and bring back to a simmer
- STEP 5Add the browned chicken, the chickpeas and crisp chorizo and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through
- STEP 6Throw in the coriander, give a qood stir and allow sit for 1 minute. Season to taste and serve!