Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 8
Delicious warm or cold with lots of butter.YUMMY!
- 225g self-raising flour
- 225g caster sugar
- 100g soft margarine
- 3 eggs
- 450g ripe bananas
- 1 tsp orange rind grated (optional)
- 175g raisins or sultanas (optional)
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 350f,180c or gas 4.
- STEP 2Butter or line with baking parchment an 18cm cake tin or 1kg loaf tin.
- STEP 3Put flour, sugar, margarine and eggs into a mixing bowl.Beat with wooden spoon or whisk until well mixed. Do not over mix.
- STEP 4Peel the bananas and mash. Stir into flour mixture with the orange rind and fruit if using.
- STEP 5Put into prepared tin, and bake for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- STEP 6If necessary cover with foil to prevent burning.
- STEP 7Test with a skewer to see if the cake is done.
- STEP 8Turn out onto wire rack to cool a little before cutting.
- STEP 9Stores well for 2-3 days or longer, sealed, in the fridge.