Fridge freezers are big in both size and price. They may be the most expensive item you’ll buy for your kitchen, so some solid research prior to purchasing is really important.
The design you buy will depend on factors including the space you have available, the number of people that eat from it and the energy rating. The better the rating, the less impact on your bills.
So to make this research process less daunting, BBC Good Food experts brought you our recommended suggestions for the best fridge freezers from brands like Smeg, Hoover and Indesit, tried and tested to help you find the right appliance for your budget and kitchen.
Our full buyer’s guide to fridge freezers runs through everything you need to know, from features to look out for to understanding energy ratings.
Included are top picks of stand-alone fridge freezers that can simply be plugged in, a combination fridge freezer that’s great if you’re pushed for space, or American-style options with wardrobe-like doors which are great for large families.
Once you’ve decided on the fridge freezer for you, we’re bringing you all the best Black Friday deals right here including 15% off the Hoover HMNB 6182 X5K fridge freezer, now £379.97 at Appliances Direct.
For more Black Friday and Cyber Monday kitchen appliance deals or unbiased expert buyer’s guides, visit our reviews section to find 400+ round-ups of everything from the best dishwashers and dishwasher tablets to slow cookers, coffee machines and food processors.
Which retailers have early Black Friday sales on now?
You’ll find all the biggest deals on our picks of the best fridge freezers below, but for more Black Friday and Cyber Monday kitchen appliance deals, have a look at these retailers.
- Very – still live: Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals on home tech including KitchenAid and Kenwood
- Lakeland – still live: save on electricals including KitchenAid accessories
- Currys – still live: ‘Black Fri-Yay!’ deals across various departments
- John Lewis & Partners – still live: save on large and small appliances including Kenwood and Magimix
- Appliances Direct – new Cyber Monday deals: up to 40% off appliances including fridge freezers
- Nisbets – new Cyber Monday discount: 10% off everything with code CYBER (30 November only, max £25 discount, T&C apply)
- Argos – still live: half price kitchen appliances including Ninja and Nespresso
- Robert Dyas – still live: Mega Deals on home and garden including Kenwood and Salter electricals
- AO.com – still live: save on appliances including best dishwashers and microwaves
- Amazon – new Cyber Monday deals across various departments
- House of Fraser – still live: £20 voucher with every £100 spent (T&C apply)
If it’s gifts for foodies you’re after, Trouva, Not on the High Street, Amara and Ethical Superstore all ran Black Friday offers last year and will be doing the same later this month. The latter will not only be offering 20% off everything from the 23-30 November, but also donating grocery items to the Newcastle West End Foodbank with every order over £30.
Best fridge freezer Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
Hoover HMNB 6182 X5K fridge freezer, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
Best fridge freezer for competitive pricing
US brand Hoover is synonymous with household vacuum cleaners, but its best dishwashers and fridge freezers are among BBC Good Food’s favourite kitchen appliances. This HMNB 6182 X5K model is impressive quality for the price, boasting a larger-than-average freezer, easy to clean elements like drawers and an auto-defrost function.
Read our full Hoover fridge freezer review.
Smeg FC182PXNUK fridge freezer, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
Best fridge freezer for modern aesthetic
Smeg is widely known for its retro-cool 50s designs, but the brand has gone ultra contemporary with this quiet, functional model. Rated 5/5 stars for quality and 4.3/5 overall by BBC Good Food expert Caroline Hire, the gadget impressed with features like its smartly efficient interior draws and shelves. If you can fit its 230-litres in your kitchen, you won’t be disappointed.
Read our full Smeg fridge freezer review.
Liebherr CNel4213 NoFrost fridge freezer, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
Best value fridge freezer
The A++ energy rating on this Leibherr model is a real selling point if saving money on your energy bills is towards the top of your priority list. Its 50/50 design gives you equal freezer space to fridge, with each section controlled separately. There’s flexibility around how you store fridge contents, with three glass shelves all able to swap around with a rack for five bottles. When tested by BBC Good Food expert Caroline Hire, the model scored 5/5 for design and 4.7/5 overall.
Read our full Liebherr fridge freezer review.
Indesit LD85 F1 S fridge freezer, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
Best fridge freezer for couples and small households
For a good-quality fridge that’s not too tough on your wallet, the Indesit is a great option to consider for smaller households. The interior consists of a multi-functional drawer design and larger-than-average freezer, while the exterior is simple, solid and well-made. RRP £419.95.
Read our full Indesit fridge freezer review.
Hotpoint Day 1 XUL8 T2Z XOV.1 fridge freezer, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
Best fridge freezer for functionality
The mirrored handle is a statement design feature of this Hotpoint Day 1 which is stylish, easy to control and offers plenty of useful settings with an A++ energy rating for a reasonable price. The ‘Active Oxygen’ setting actually claims to aid food preservation and eliminate odors. You can currently save 15% on all Smeg, Hotpoint, Indesit and CDA appliances at Homebase and the Day 1 is included, now £589.
Read our full Hotpoint fridge freezer review.
More Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
Black Friday coffee machine deals
Black Friday microwave deals
Black Friday toaster deals
Black Friday dishwasher deals
Black Friday blender deals
Black Friday stand mixer deals
Black Friday food processor deals
Black Friday slow cooker deals
Black Friday kettle deals
Black Friday alcohol deals
When is Black Friday 2020?
Black Friday officially starts on Friday 27 November this year with brand and retailer deals set to run until the 30th, a day dubbed Cyber Monday. Originally started in the US as an opportunity to snap up products with a great discount on the first Friday after Thanksgiving, it’s now an annual, global shopping event.
We’ve already started to see offers online and with competition set to heat up between retailers, prices are likely to fall further as we head towards Black Friday.
How to get a good deal on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Research research research! We recommend deciding on which fridge freezer to buy ahead of Black Friday. There’s usually a finite space in which to put a fridge freezer so by choosing the features, size and specifications in advance, you can avoid buying something that’s not perfect for you in the sales, just because it’s got a good discount.
- Knowing the RRP of each product in advance will help you know a good deal when you see one.
- Stick to your budget – fridge freezers are expensive and you don’t want to pay for features you don’t want or need.
- Shop around. Retailers like AO.com, John Lewis & Partners and Currys offer a price match promise so don’t limit your deals search to online giants such as Amazon.
The BBC Good Food review section features buyer’s guides brought to you by our Test Kitchen experts.
This page was updated on 30 November 2020