- 2 lemons
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sunflower or other mild oil
- 1 tbsp white or red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp clear honey
- handful green olives, stoned removed, torn in half
- 10 plump dates (we used hadrawi), stoned and cut into long slivers
Dates are one of the oldest cultivated fruits - it's thought that they were a staple part of…
- 85g feta cheese, crumbled
- 100g bag baby spinach
- 2 large or 4 small heads chicory (red or white) separated into leaves
Also known as endive, chicory is a forced crop, grown in complete darkness, which accounts for…
Thinly slice the peel and pith from the lemons, then segment. Squeeze 1 tbsp of the juice into a bowl. Whisk in the oils, vinegar, honey and seasoning.
Put the lemon segments, olives, dates and feta into a large bowl, and put the leaves on top. Cover and chill until ready to eat. Toss with the dressing to serve.