Winter crunch salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 20-30 minutes
- Serves 4
A crispy, fresh vegetarian salad to use up those winter vegetables
- 1 x 170g ready-to-bake garlic bread
- 2heads of chicory
- 2 celery sticks, cut into thin diagonal slices
- 1bunch of radishes , trimmed and quartered
- 50g shelled walnut or pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 red-skinned eating apples , cored and cut into slim wedges
- 175g stilton (or any leftover cheese)
- 4-5 tbsp ready-made honey and mustard dressing, to serve
- STEP 1
Preheat the oven and cook the garlic bread according to packet instructions.
- STEP 2
While the bread is in the oven separate the chicory into leaves and toss in a large bowl with the celery, radishes, nuts and apples. Crumble the stilton in large chunks over the top.
- STEP 3
To finish the salad, cut half the garlic bread into the marked slices. Cut the remainder into chunks and toss into the salad with as much dressing as you like. Serve with the remaining garlic bread on the side.