Turkey meatballs in olive & courgette sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 500g turkey mince
- 4 tbsp fresh white breadcrumbs
- ½ onion , grated
- 2 tsp fennel seeds , ground with a pestle and mortar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 courgettes , cut into half-moons
- 2 garlic cloves , finely sliced
- 400g carton chopped tomatoes with olives
- 400g linguine
- grated parmesan , to serve
- STEP 1
Mix the first 4 ingredients together in a bowl and season generously. Roll into 12 meatballs.
- STEP 2
Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Pop in the meatballs and brown all over. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the rest of the oil and tip in the courgettes and garlic. Cook for 3 mins to soften. Pour in the chopped tomatoes, plus half a carton of water and the meatballs. Simmer for a further 15-20 mins, or until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce has really thickened.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, cook the pasta following pack instructions. Drain and mix with a few tbsp of the tomato sauce to coat. Top with the meatballs and remaining sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.