Tropical fruits in lemongrass syrup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 10-15 minutes
- Serves 6
- 425g can lychees in syrup
- 2stems lemongrass , halved and bashed with a rolling pin
- 85g golden caster sugar
- 2 x cans fresh mixed tropical fruit
- 100g seedless red grape
- 6 macaroons or coconut biscuits, to serve
- STEP 1
Drain the lychees juice into a pan and put the lychees in a large serving bowl. Add the lemongrass and sugar to the pan, heat gently until the sugar dissolves, then boil for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and set aside – the lemongrass will add flavour as it cools.
- STEP 2
Strain the syrup over the lychees and tip in the fruits. Chill. Serve with macaroons.