Tomato & mozzarella spaghetti bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- good pinch chilli powder
- 400g spaghetti, broken into short lengths
- handful basil leaves, plus a few extra
- 250g pack mozzarella, sliced
- 50g grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat the oil in large pan, add the garlic and fry for 1 min. Add the tomatoes, chilli and seasoning, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti, then drain. Mix the spaghetti with the tomato sauce and basil, then spoon half into a large ovenproof dish. Arrange half the mozzarella over the top and sprinkle with half the Parmesan. Repeat the layers, then bake for 15-20 mins until lightly browned on top. Scatter with extra basil and serve with a big green salad.