Tomato & courgette stew
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 3 courgettes , quartered lengthways and cut into chunks
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- small bunch basil , torn
- 25g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), finely grated
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for about 10 mins until softened and starting to go golden brown. Add the garlic and cook for 5 mins more.
- STEP 2
Add the courgettes and cook for about 5 mins until starting to soften. Tip in the tomatoes and give everything a good stir. Simmer for 35-40 mins or until tomatoes are reduced and courgettes soft, then stir in the basil and Parmesan.