Thai-style chicken & sweet potato parcels
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
- 25g creamed coconut (from a block)
- 2 tsp soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp Thai green curry paste
- ½ sweet potato , peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 small red pepper , deseeded and cut into small cubes
- 1 skinless chicken breast
- handful coriander leaves and a few lime wedges, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Dissolve the creamed coconut with 3 tbsp boiling water and mix to a smooth paste. Stir in the sugar, fish sauce and curry paste.
- STEP 2
Place a large piece of baking parchment on a baking sheet. Arrange the sweet potato and pepper in the middle of the paper, clearing a space in the centre. Lay the chicken breast in the space and pour over the sauce. Fold over the top edges of the parchment to form a seal and scrunch up the ends like a sweet wrapper.
- STEP 3
Cook in the oven for 25-30 mins or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Sit the parcel on a dinner plate or shallow bowl and carefully open. Sprinkle with coriander and squeeze over some lime juice, to taste.