Thai broccoli rice
- Preparation and cooking time
- serves 4 (or 6 as a side)
Replacing rice with broccoli that's been blitzed to grains makes a colourful and healthy, quick-cook vegetarian meal
- 100g salted peanuts
- 1 head of broccoli , cut into florets and the stem cut in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion , finely diced
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 medium red chilli , deseeded and finely diced
- ½ small red cabbage , shredded
- 1 red pepper , deseeded and sliced into strips
- small pack coriander , roughly chopped
For the dressing
- STEP 1
Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add the peanuts. Toast evenly, regularly shaking the pan, then remove and set aside. Put the broccoli in a food processor and pulse until it looks like green couscous grains. Empty into a large bowl and set aside.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli until soft and aromatic. Add the broccoli rice to the pan and mix through, making sure everything is well coated. Sauté for 3-4 mins until al dente. Transfer to a large bowl and add the red cabbage, red pepper, half the coriander and half the toasted peanuts. Mix to combine.
- STEP 3
To make the dressing, whisk the lime zest and juice, tamari, sugar and oil together until combined. Toss the dressing through the broccoli rice and transfer to a serving bowl or individual bowls. To serve, garnish with the remaining coriander and peanuts.