Teriyaki noodle broth
- Preparation and cooking time
- Prep: -
- Serves 4
A light ramen-like soup with noodles, chicken and a spiced stock base
- 1.4l hot vegetable stock (we used Marigold Swiss vegetable bouillon powder)
- 1 tsp grated fresh root ginger
- 2 tbsp teriyaki marinade or light soy sauce
- ½ tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 85g fine egg or rice noodles
- 300g fresh stir-fry vegetables
- 85g mushrooms (any type), halved or sliced
- 100g skinless roast chicken , torn into shreds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- chilli sauce , to serve
- STEP 1
Pour the stock into a large pan and heat until just simmering. Stir in the ginger and teriyaki marinade or soy sauce and then add the five-spice powder for a real flavour hit.
- STEP 2
Add your chosen noodles and cook for 3-4 minutes, giving them a gentle stir to loosen them up every now and then. Tip in the stir-fry vegetables and mushrooms, cook for a couple of minutes, and then add the cooked chicken and simmer for a further 1-2 minutes.
- STEP 3
Season the soup to taste and serve it as soon as possible. Ladle into 4 warmed bowls and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Put the chilli sauce bottle on the table, so that everyone can fire up their soup with more heat if they want to.