- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 350g pasta
- 1 carrot , roughly chopped
- ½ small onion , roughly chopped
- ½ stick celery , roughly chopped
- 6-8 ripe plum tomato , roughly chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp red pesto
- 2 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- grated parmesan and basil leaves, to serve
- STEP 1
Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions. Meanwhile, add everything else apart from the parmesan and basil to a food processor and whizz together until you get a smooth paste.
- STEP 2
Tip into a saucepan and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and leave to cook for 5 mins.
- STEP 3
Drain the pasta, toss together with the tomato sauce, then serve with the parmesan and basil leaves.