Sweet potato & ginger parcels
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 15
- 400g sweet potato
- 50g melted butter , plus a knob extra
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 spring onions , finely sliced
- thumb-size piece ginger , grated
- ½ a 190g pack feuilles de brick pastry
- few pinches cinnamon
- STEP 1
Microwave or oven-cook potatoes until tender. Melt a knob of butter in a pan. Fry chilli for 30 secs, then spring onion whites and ginger for 1 min. Scrape flesh from potatoes, discard skins, then mash into the pan. Season, then stir in onion greens.
- STEP 2
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Unroll a pastry sheet and cut 3 x 6cm strips from the middle; discard leftovers. Brush strips with melted butter, place a spoonful of potato mix at one end, then fold up from side-to-side to make a triangular parcel. The filling should be completely sealed in. Arrange parcels on a baking sheet, brush with butter and repeat until you’ve used up all the filling.
- STEP 3
Bake for 20 mins until crisp and golden. Dust with a pinch of cinnamon; then serve.