Summer veggie pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Prep: -
- Serves 4
- 200g pasta bows
- 175g fresh or frozen broad beans (about 650g/1lb 7oz in their pods)
- 1 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 1 large onion , finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , chopped
- 2 large courgettes , cut into sticks
- 6 ripe plum tomatoes , cut into wedges
- a generous shot of Tabasco sauce
- a handful of shredded basil
- STEP 1
Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, adding fresh broad beans for the last 3 minutes (frozen for the last 2 minutes).
- STEP 2
While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan, tip in the onion and cook over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the garlic and courgettes, toss over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, then stir in the tomatoes and shake in the Tabasco. Stir for 2-3 minutes to soften the tomatoes a little (not too much or they will go mushy). Drain the pasta and beans.
- STEP 3
Toss the veggies and basil into the pasta and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot (or cold as a salad with a low-fat dressing).