Summer salmon with papaya salsa
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Reader Leo Mewing shares his recipe for Australian-style salmon with teriyaki noodles and fruity salad - great for balmy nights
- 1 papaya , peeled and chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1 small red onion , chopped
- ½ green pepper , deseeded and chopped
- ½ red pepper , deseeded and chopped
- 1 red chilli (deseeded if you don't like it too hot), finely chopped
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
- juice 1 lime , plus 1 lime cut into wedges to serve
- 4 nests medium egg noodles
- 4 boneless, skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 4 large handfuls mixed salad leaves
- STEP 1
To make the salsa, combine the papaya, onion, green and red peppers, chilli, coriander and lime juice in a bowl. Season and set aside.
- STEP 2
Prepare the noodles following pack instructions. Meanwhile, brush both sides of the salmon fillets with oil, then season. Heat a griddle or frying pan to medium-hot and cook the salmon for 3-4 mins on each side, then remove from the pan. (Alternatively, cook the fillets on a barbecue, and pop the lime wedges next to them, flesh-side down, for 2-3 mins.) Drain the noodles and toss with the teriyaki sauce.
- STEP 3
Pile the salad leaves and noodles onto plates. Top with the salmon, spoon over the salsa and serve with a lime wedge.