Stuffed courgette rolls
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus marinating
- Makes 24 rolls
- 4small courgettes , ends trimmed
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil , plus extra to drizzle
- 3-4 tbsp balsamic vinegar , to drizzle
- 250g tub ricotta
- squeeze lemon juice
- handful fresh basil leaves , chopped
- 50g pine nut , toasted (see Know-how, below)
- STEP 1
Slice the courgettes lengthways, using a swivel vegetable peeler – you’ll need 24 long strips. Drizzle some of the olive oil and balsamic over two large plates and lay the strips flat, trying not to overlap. Sprinkle with more oil and balsamic, cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 20 mins. Can be prepared up to 6 hrs ahead.
- STEP 2
Mix the ricotta with lemon juice and seasoning to taste, then mix in the basil and pine nuts. Place 1 tsp of the ricotta mixture onto one end of a courgette strip and roll up. Repeat until you have used up all the filling. Arrange rolls upright on a plate and grind over some black pepper. Drizzle with a little more oil and balsamic vinegar to serve.