Strawberry rose Eton mess
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
- 8 shop-bought meringue nests
- 600ml pot double cream
- 2-4 tbsp rosewater , or to taste (it varies in strength so taste as you go)
- 500g strawberries , hulled and quartered
- rose petals (from the garden, not the florist), to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
In a large bowl, break up the meringues into bite-size pieces.
- STEP 2
Whip the cream until it holds its shape, but take care not to over-beat, then whisk in the rose water.
- STEP 3
Just before serving, fold the crushed meringue and cream together. Stir through the strawberries, leaving a few to garnish. Alternatively, make layers of meringue mixture and strawberries in a tall glass bowl or in individual tall wine or dessert glasses. Finish with rose petals scattered on top, if you like.