Squash & coconut curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Ready in 30 minutes
- Serves 2
- 2 tbsp Madras curry paste
- 1 large butternut squash (600g/1lb 5oz peeled weight), chopped into medium size chunks
- 1 red pepper , halved, deseeded and roughly chopped into chunks
- 400g can reduced-fat coconut milk
- small bunch coriander , roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Heat a large frying pan or wok, tip in the curry paste and fry for 1 min. Add the squash and red pepper, then toss well in the paste.
- STEP 2
Pour in the coconut milk with 200ml water and bring to a simmer. Cook for 15-20 mins or until the butternut squash is very tender and the sauce has thickened. Season to taste, then serve scattered with chopped coriander and naan bread or rice.