Spicy Spanish rice
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large onion , finely chopped
- 200g lean pork tenderloin fillet , diced into cubes roughly 1.5cm
- 2 large garlic cloves , chopped
- 100g brown basmati rice
- ½ -1 tsp smoked paprika (depending on how much heat you want)
- generous pinch saffron
- 500ml hot vegetable bouillon
- 1 large red pepper , deseeded, quartered and sliced
- 160g fine green beans , trimmed and halved
- 60g large prawns
- large handful parsley , chopped
- ½ lemon , cut into wedges
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion for 5 mins until soft. Add the pork and fry a few mins to brown it a little.
- STEP 2
Tip in the garlic, rice and paprika, stirring briefly. Stir the saffron into the bouillon, then pour this in as well. Add the pepper, cover the pan, reduce the heat and simmer for 25 mins before mixing in the beans. Cover and cook for 10 mins more.
- STEP 3
Add the prawns, cover again and cook for 2 mins until the rice has absorbed all the liquid. Stir in the parsley and serve with lemon wedges.