Spicy Moroccan rice
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 20 mins
- Serves 4
- 4 skinless chicken breasts , diced
- 1 tbsp Moroccan spice seasoning
- 1 onion , finely sliced
- 50g butter
- 300g rice
- 12 dried apricots , halved
- chicken stock cube
- 410g can chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 15g pack flatleaf parsley , chopped
- STEP 1
Coat chicken with the Moroccan spice. Fry the onion in butter until soft.
- STEP 2
Tip in the chicken, then cook for a few mins more. Stir in the rice and apricots, then pour in the stock cube with 700ml boiling water and the chickpeas.
- STEP 3
Cover the pan and simmer for 10 mins until the rice is tender and has absorbed most of the liquid. Toss in the chopped flat leaf parsley and serve.