Spiced cranberry sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- 250g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses or balsamic vinegar
- ½ orange, finely zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp golden caster sugar, plus extra if needed
- pinch of ground allspice
- STEP 1
Tip all the ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer over a low heat. Cook for 10 mins, or until the cranberries have burst and the sauce is thick, glossy and sticky.
- STEP 2
If you prefer a sweeter sauce, add a bit more sugar. Leave to cool. Will keep, covered, in the fridge for up to one week or frozen for two months.