Speedy pork with spring greens
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless pork loin steaks , each weighing about 140g/5oz
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- a generous pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 140g shredded spring greens
- 410g can chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- STEP 1
To cook the pork, heat the oil in a deep frying pan that’s big enough to fit the greens later. Season the steaks all over with salt and pepper and fry over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove from the pan and keep hot on a warmed plate or in a low oven.
- STEP 2
To wilt the greens, tip the garlic and chilli flakes into the same pan and cook for about 30 seconds until sizzling but not browned, then pour in 5 tablespoons water and toss in the greens. Simmer for 4-5 minutes until the greens wilt. Stir in the chickpeas and any juices from the pork and continue stirring until everything’s hot. Serve a mound of greens topped with a steak and any juices.