Spaghetti with crab, cherry tomatoes & basil
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves , chopped
- pinch chilli flakes
- 200g cherry tomatoes , halved
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 2 x 170g cans white crab meat, drained
- 200g spaghetti
- 1 tsp capers , drained and rinsed
- handful basil leaves , roughly chopped
- STEP 1
In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and chilli flakes. Cook until just pale golden, then add the tomatoes. Cook 3 mins more on a high heat until the tomatoes start to break down a little. Add the lemon juice and cook for 1-2 mins. Remove from the heat and stir in the crab to warm through – not too much or it will break up.
- STEP 2
Boil the pasta in a large pan of salted water following pack instructions then drain. Mix the pasta in the warm pot with the sauce, lemon zest and capers, and toss the basil through.