Smoked trout, watercress & beetroot salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp French mustard
- 150ml/¼ pint olive oil
- 50ml vinegar
- 250g pack cooked beetroot
- 2x 135g packs smoked trout fillets
- 145g bag watercress , large stalks removed
- 1 tbsp creamed horseradish
- STEP 1
Take an empty jam jar with a lid, put in a pinch of salt, a good grind of pepper, plus the mustard, olive oil and vinegar. Shake and place the jar in the fridge - use as you want, it will last a few weeks.
- STEP 2
Cut the beetroot into quarters and place in a bowl. Add in the creamed horseradish and 2 tbsp dressing, stir well. Remove the skin from the trout and break the fish into pieces about the size of a 50p. Mix together the watercress and the beetroot, then top with the smoked trout.