Smoked trout salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 2
A healthy and super quick smart supper
- 120g bag salad leaves (rocket, spinach and watercress is a good mix)
- 250g small new potato , boiled and halved
- 8-10 radishes , trimmed and quartered
- 175g cooked beetroot , drained and cut into wedges
- 2 smoked trout fillets (125g pack)
- 1 tsp hot horseradish sauce
- 2 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- splash of milk
- STEP 1
Pile the salad leaves on 2 plates and divide the potatoes, radishes and beetroot between them. Flake over the smoked trout.
- STEP 2
Mix the horseradish and crème fraîche with enough milk to make a runny dressing. Season and drizzle over the salad.
GIVE IT A TWIST
Use smoked mackerel instead of trout. Cut out the cooking time by substituting a 250g tub potato salad (preferably with an olive oil dressing) for the boiled potatoes.