- 100g sea salt flakes
- 4 - 6 plum tomato, halved
- 8 slices Iberico ham or prosciutto
Prosciutto is a sweet, delicate ham intended to be eaten raw. The word 'prosciutto' is…
- jar griddled artichoke (we used Waitrose)
- handful black olive, Spanish or Kalamata
- handful small-leaved flat-leaf parsley
- olive oil, to serve
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
Heat oven to 140C/fan 120C/gas 1. Make a thick layer of salt on a baking tray, top with the tomatoes, cut-side up, then slowly roast for 3 hrs until they are semi-dried. Remove from the salt and, if keeping for longer than a day, store in a sterilised jar completely submerged in olive oil.
To serve, arrange two slices of ham on each serving plate. Toss the tomatoes, artichokes, olives and parsley in a little oil, then arrange in the centre. Serve with some breadsticks.