Sizzled chipotle steak sarnies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 small red onion , thinly sliced
- juice and zest 2 limes
- 400g thin-cut steak or minute steak
- 1 tbsp chipotle paste
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 roasted red peppers from a jar, torn into pieces
- 1 large baguette , split lengthways
- handful coriander , leaves picked
- 100ml soured cream
- STEP 1
Put the onion in a bowl with the juice of 1 lime and set aside to pickle. Heat a griddle or frying pan. Smear the steaks with the chipotle paste and season. Mash the avocado with the lime zest and remaining juice, and a pinch of salt.
- STEP 2
Cook the steaks for 30 secs-1 min each side or until just cooked, then transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside. Add the peppers to the pan and cook for 1-2 mins to warm through. To assemble the baguette, spread the mashed avocado over one side. Pile on the peppers, slice the steak and add to the baguette, along with any juices from the plate. Top with the pickled onions, lots of coriander and dollops of soured cream. Cut into 4 chunky sandwiches before serving.