- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100g red Thai curry paste
- 2 tbsp palm sugar or light brown sugar
- 2 medium butternut squash , peeled, deseeded and cut into 4.5cm chunks
- 2x 400g cans coconut milk
- 200ml carton coconut cream
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime pickle, from a jar
- 3 lemongrass stalks, bruised with the back of a knife
- 50g beansprout
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan and add the red curry paste. Fry for 2 mins, then add the sugar and cook for 4 mins until sticky and fragrant.
- STEP 2
Add the squash, stir well and cook for 2-3 mins, then pour in the coconut milk and the coconut cream, season with the fish sauce and add the lime pickle and lemongrass. Bring to the boil and cook for about 25-30 mins over a medium heat until the squash is soft but not mushy.