Seared scallops with sweet chilli sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 20
- knob of fresh root ginger
- handful coriander stems or leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil , plus extra for cooking
- 20 scallops
- sweet chilli sauce , to serve (recipe below)
- STEP 1
Place the ginger, coriander and garlic in a pestle and mortar, then pound to a paste. Add the oil and mix through. Pour over the scallops and rub in until they are covered with the mixture. Thread each scallop onto a skewer (see Know-how, below). Can be done up to 1 day in advance.
- STEP 2
To cook, heat a non-stick frying pan until really hot. Place a couple of skewers in the pan and cook for 2 mins, until starting to turn golden. Turn over, drizzle with more oil if needed, then cook for another min. Serve with sweet chilli sauce.