Sausages with oregano, mushrooms & olives
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 450g pack reduced-fat sausage
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves , sliced
- 400g can chopped or cherry tomato
- 200ml beef stock
- 100g pitted black olives in brine
- 500g pack mushroom , thickly sliced
- STEP 1
Using kitchen scissors, snip the sausages into meatball-size pieces. Heat a large pan and fry the pieces in the oil for about 5 mins until golden all over.
- STEP 2
Add the oregano and garlic, fry for 1 min more, then tip in the tomatoes, stock, olives and mushrooms.
- STEP 3
Simmer for 15 mins until the sausages are cooked through and the sauce has reduced a little. Serve with mashed potato or pasta.