Sausage & leek hash
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 20-30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 plump sausages
- 6 cooked potatoes , sliced
- 350g cooked, sliced leeks (or broccoli or cabbage)
- 1 tbsp creamed horseradish sauce, more if you want to heat things up
- 100g mature chedder or gruyère , grated
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large heavy-based frying pan. Add the sausages and fry for 8-10 minutes until well browned. Remove the sausages, then slice them on the diagonal and set aside.
- STEP 2
Turn the heat to high, then add the potatoes and leeks and give them a good stir. Continue to cook on a fairly high heat until the potatoes begin to brown and turn crisp. Toss the sausage slices back in along with the creamed horseradish and heat for a further 2-3 minutes. Take the pan off the heat, sprinkle in the cheese, season well and gently stir to combine.