Sausage & herb stuffed courgettes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 4 large courgettes , halved lengthways
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove , finely chopped
- 100g breadcrumb
- 100g mature cheddar , grated
- 25g finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 175g Cumberland pork chipolata , squeezed from their skins
- salad , to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Using a teaspoon, scoop out the flesh from the courgettes, then roughly chop.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion for 6-8 mins until soft. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 min more. Add the chopped courgette and cook for a further 6 mins until really tender.
- STEP 3
Remove from the heat and tip into a bowl along with the breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley and the sausagemeat. Mix together well.
- STEP 4
Spoon the mixture into the hollowed out courgette halves and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 mins – cover towards the end if browning – until the courgettes are tender and the filling is golden. Serve with a salad, if you like.