Sardines with crisp paprika crumbs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 4-6 sardines , depending on size
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 thick slice bread , blitzed into crumbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- handful flat-leaf parsley , chopped
- lemon or lime wedges, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat grill or light the barbecue. Season the sardines inside and out, then grill or barbecue for 5 mins until cooked through.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the garlic for 1 min, add the crumbs and paprika, then fry over a fairly high heat, stirring until the crumbs are crisp. Stir in the chopped parsley. Serve the sardines scattered with the crumbs and lemon or lime wedges. Great with a fresh salad, or Italian spinach.